Zesty Tortellini Salad
Another great twist to a classic side dish..and perfect for these summer heatwaves we’ve been having! The tough part about this pairing is the zesty flavors. I love zesty, but zesty and wine often fight. However, a rounded California Zinfandel would be fruit forward enough to take on the challenge here.
1 cup very thinly sliced red onions (or Vidalias)
2 (9-ounce) packages cheese tortellini, cooked and drained*
1 red bell pepper, diced
4 ounces Genoa salami, sliced into thin strips
1/3 cup good-quality red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons good-quality olive oil
Squeeze of lemon juice
1 heaping tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Soak red onions in a small bowl of ice water for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
In a large bowl, combine the onions, cooked tortellini, bell pepper, and salami. Whisk together red wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; toss with pasta until combined. Taste and season with additional vinegar, salt, and pepper if necessary. Stir in chopped parsley just before serving.
This recipe can be made up to 2 days in advance. Add chopped parsley and a few more splashes of red wine vinegar and olive oil before serving, to taste.
- About Wine-Pedia
- Wine of the Month Club | Count Dracula’s Wine? What a great story and interview
- Morgan Norman at Wine of the Month Club
- Wine of the Month Club – Interview with Morgan Twain-Peterson
- Wine of the Month Club | Champagne and Wine Gadgets….KUSI San Diego
- Wine of the Month Club | Cocoa Vino
- Wine of the Month Club| Interview with Adam LaZarre
- Wine of the Month Club | Sediment
- Mom’s Light Supper Sandwich
- Wine of the Month Club ALS Ice Bucket Challenge