Wine Tasting and Horse Racing
This event has become so popular…the wineries and restaurants call us now! They want in on the action and plenty of action there is:
Wine tasting. Horse racing. Fine cuisine. Art show. Silent auction. And just a plain ol’ good time.
This is really fun. Living in Arcadia, California we are fortunate to have one of the great horse racing facilities in the country right in our back yard. I can’t tell a lie…I like the ponies.
So when they approached me to sponsor a wine tasting event, how could I say no…and when they added that the proceeds will benefit the youth of the San Gabriel Valley, I was sold
We are on it…We will have the opportunity to taste 105+ wines, taste the cuisine of 20 plus restaurants and enjoy a day at the race track. Included in the $60.00/per person ($40.00/under 16) fee is parking, cuisine, wine tasting, a grandstand seat, art exhibit, daily racing program and a souvenir wine tasting glass. The event starts at 12:00 pm (first post is at 12:30 pm).
- The Matter Of Letting The Bottle “Breathe”
- Import Selection: Gewurztraminer, 1985, A. Gaschy
- Domestic Selection: Gamay Beaujolais, 1986, Fetzer
- Adventures in Eating – Honey and Nut Glazed Brie
- Santa Anita Uncorked!
- Import Selection: Orvieto Classico, 1987, Bigi
- Domestic Selection: Petite Sirah Nouveau, 1988, Cilurzo
- Adventures in Eating: Judith’s Cheese Sticks
- Adventures in Eating: Joan’s 1987 Bowl Dinner
- Domestic Selection: Sonoma Vintage White, 1985, Geyser Peak