What’s New This Month?
Yesterday during tasting day (tasted about 56 wines); I had a visit from a sales manager of a large distributor. He was rather inquisitive about what was happening with our business. I felt a bit uneasy with some of the questions. Usually when a salesman is trying to understand my business, the questions are not so direct. It seems he was trying to get at whether or not I am getting enough wines to sample in the price ranges that we offer.
You see, there have been short crops in California for the 2010 and 2011 season, however the 2012 season was amply larger. What this gentleman didn’t understand was that we get wines from all over the world, and from many sources including: vineyards, brokers, suppliers, imported in tankers, cases, barrels, and tanks.
We get wines direct from the vineyards from all over the world because we have licenses to sell, import, and manufacture wine. There isn’t a method in the wine industry we don’t employ to find the best values from the best places. His reply… “Oh”.
PS. As I write this, I received an email from one of my operatives in Napa Valley who just found some great Chenin Blanc; another WOMC winner!
Don’t forget to like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/wineofthemonthclub
Click on the images below to check out our newest additions!
- Adventures in Eating: Almendrado
- Domestic Selection: Chardonnay, 1987, Chateau Julien
- Adventures in Eating: Eggs Motul
- Domestic Selection: Cabernet Sauvignon, 1982, El Dorado, Boeger
- Adventures in Eating: Black Bean Puree
- Cabernet Sauvignon, 1983, Cache Cellars
- Adventures in Eating: Yucatan Tomato Sauce
- Domestic Selection: Sauvignon Blanc, 1985, Sam J. Sebastiani Winery
- Adventures in Eating: Eye-Opener Corn Bread
- The Woman of 1987 – The Cook’s Month Off!