Tarragon Corn Chowder
I know it’s summertime and it’s hard to think about eating soup…but this recipe looks too good not to share with you. With this wine pairing, I want to go after the viscosity of the dish as well as the flavor profile. I think I like a rich Chardonnay with this, Sonoma preferably. Enough oak character will pick up the weight and the wonderful nuances here.
Let us know what you think…here’s the recipe from Simply Recipes.
- Domestic Selection: Fume Blanc, 1990. Haywood
- This Matter of California Wine Labels
- Adventures in Eating: The Best Wontons in the World
- Import Selection: Riesling, 1989. Roemische Weinstrasse
- Domestic Selection: Mourvedre, 1988. Francal
- This Matter of Table Wines
- Adventures in Eating: Minestrone Soup
- Import Selection: Cabernet Sauvignon, 1989. Villa Montes
- Domestic Selection: Chardonnay, 1989. Plume Ridge
- This Matter of Vintage Charts