Tarragon Corn Chowder
I know it’s summertime and it’s hard to think about eating soup…but this recipe looks too good not to share with you. With this wine pairing, I want to go after the viscosity of the dish as well as the flavor profile. I think I like a rich Chardonnay with this, Sonoma preferably. Enough oak character will pick up the weight and the wonderful nuances here.
Let us know what you think…here’s the recipe from Simply Recipes.
- Import Selection: Muscadet, 1989. Marquis de Goulaine
- Domestic Selection: Cabernet Sauvignon, 1985. Jekel
- Member Inquiry: Saving the Rest of the Bottle
- Adventures in Eating: Creamy Lemon Chive Pasta with Chicken and Asparagus
- Import Selection: Rioja, 1986. Bodegas Montecillo
- Domestic Selection: Sauvignon Blanc, 1989. Cask One
- This Matter of Climate
- Adventures in Eating: 12″ BBQ Chicken Pizzas
- Import Selection: Semillon/Chardonnay, 1990. Penfolds
- Domestic Selection: Zinfandel, 1990. Winterbrook