6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
6 swordfish steaks (about 6 oz. each and 1/2″ thick), skin removed
Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 anchovies in oil, finely chopped
3 cups whole peeled canned tomatoes in juice, about 28 oz
3/4 cup large green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
1/4 cup capers, rinsed and drained
1/2 tsp. crushed red chili flakes
3 tbsp. roughly chopped parsley
4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
Heat oil in a 12″ skillet over high heat.
Transfer fish to a plate and set aside.
Return skillet to medium heat.Add garlic and anchovies; cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes, olives, capers and chili flakes; cook until almost all the liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes.
Return swordfish to skillet and add parsley and lemon juice; cook until fish is cooked thoroughly, about 2 minutes.
Divide swordfish among 6 serving plates and top with sauce.
Serve with Viognier Chardonnay Hey Mambo
- Domestic Selection: Fume Blanc, 1990. Haywood
- This Matter of California Wine Labels
- Adventures in Eating: The Best Wontons in the World
- Import Selection: Riesling, 1989. Roemische Weinstrasse
- Domestic Selection: Mourvedre, 1988. Francal
- This Matter of Table Wines
- Adventures in Eating: Minestrone Soup
- Import Selection: Cabernet Sauvignon, 1989. Villa Montes
- Domestic Selection: Chardonnay, 1989. Plume Ridge
- This Matter of Vintage Charts