6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
6 swordfish steaks (about 6 oz. each and 1/2″ thick), skin removed
Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 anchovies in oil, finely chopped
3 cups whole peeled canned tomatoes in juice, about 28 oz
3/4 cup large green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
1/4 cup capers, rinsed and drained
1/2 tsp. crushed red chili flakes
3 tbsp. roughly chopped parsley
4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
Heat oil in a 12″ skillet over high heat.
Transfer fish to a plate and set aside.
Return skillet to medium heat.Add garlic and anchovies; cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes, olives, capers and chili flakes; cook until almost all the liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes.
Return swordfish to skillet and add parsley and lemon juice; cook until fish is cooked thoroughly, about 2 minutes.
Divide swordfish among 6 serving plates and top with sauce.
Serve with Viognier Chardonnay Hey Mambo
- Import Selection: Chateau Chariot, 1988. Corbieres
- Domestic Selection: Chardonnay, 1989. White Oak
- The Matter of the French Paradox
- Adventures in Eating: California Caesar Salad
- Import Selection: Chateau Larroque, 1989. Bordeaux
- Domestic Selection: Charbono, 1979. Inglenook-Napa Valley
- A Note From The Cellarmaster
- Adventures in Eating: Fresh Raspberry Pie
- Import Selection: Cabernet Sauvignon, 1988. Los Vascos
- Domestic Selection: Muscat Canelli, 1990. Santino Winery