Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce
Who doesn’t like a good pasta recipe? Well here is a great one for you from Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman. As for a wine selection for this meal, what can I say? Chardonnay! I want a big, bold Santa Barbara Chardonnay. I say Santa Barbara for their lighter palate and big fruit flavors.
Check out the recipe and try it out.
- 3/4 cups Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
- 2 cloves Garlic, Peeled
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan (additional)
- 12 ounces, weight Pasta (cavitappi, Fusili, Etc.)
- 2 whole Tomatoes, Diced
Cook pasta until al dente.
Add basil leaves, 1/2 cup Parmesan, pine nuts, and salt and pepper to a food processor or blender. Turn machine on, then drizzle in olive oil while it mixes. Continue blending until combined, adding additional olive oil if needed. Set aside.
Heat cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add pesto and stir.
Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Pour pesto cream over the top. Toss to combine. Add diced tomatoes and toss quickly. Serve immediately.
- About Wine-Pedia
- Wine of the Month Club | Count Dracula’s Wine? What a great story and interview
- Morgan Norman at Wine of the Month Club
- Wine of the Month Club – Interview with Morgan Twain-Peterson
- Wine of the Month Club | Champagne and Wine Gadgets….KUSI San Diego
- Wine of the Month Club | Cocoa Vino
- Wine of the Month Club| Interview with Adam LaZarre
- Wine of the Month Club | Sediment
- Mom’s Light Supper Sandwich
- Wine of the Month Club ALS Ice Bucket Challenge