Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce
Who doesn’t like a good pasta recipe? Well here is a great one for you from Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman. As for a wine selection for this meal, what can I say? Chardonnay! I want a big, bold Santa Barbara Chardonnay. I say Santa Barbara for their lighter palate and big fruit flavors.
Check out the recipe and try it out.
- 3/4 cups Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
- 2 cloves Garlic, Peeled
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan (additional)
- 12 ounces, weight Pasta (cavitappi, Fusili, Etc.)
- 2 whole Tomatoes, Diced
Cook pasta until al dente.
Add basil leaves, 1/2 cup Parmesan, pine nuts, and salt and pepper to a food processor or blender. Turn machine on, then drizzle in olive oil while it mixes. Continue blending until combined, adding additional olive oil if needed. Set aside.
Heat cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add pesto and stir.
Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Pour pesto cream over the top. Toss to combine. Add diced tomatoes and toss quickly. Serve immediately.
- The Woman of 1987 – The Cook’s Month Off!
- Domestic: Sauvignon Blanc, 1985, Sam J. Sebastini Winery
- Domestic Selection: Zinfandel, Vineyard Selection 1978, L. M. Martini
- Top 8 Mother’s Day Fine Wines for Under $12!
- Member Inquiry – Blush, Blanc, and Rose Wine Grapes
- Import Selection: Shiraz/Cabernet, 1984, Penfolds
- Domestic Selection: Semillon, 1985, Alderbrook
- Great Mother’s Day Gifts – A Wine Club Membership!
- Import Selection: Orvieto Classico, 1987; Bigi
- Domestic Selection: Petite Sirah Nouveau, 1988; Cilurzo