Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce
Who doesn’t like a good pasta recipe? Well here is a great one for you from Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman. As for a wine selection for this meal, what can I say? Chardonnay! I want a big, bold Santa Barbara Chardonnay. I say Santa Barbara for their lighter palate and big fruit flavors.
Check out the recipe and try it out.
- 3/4 cups Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
- 2 cloves Garlic, Peeled
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan (additional)
- 12 ounces, weight Pasta (cavitappi, Fusili, Etc.)
- 2 whole Tomatoes, Diced
Cook pasta until al dente.
Add basil leaves, 1/2 cup Parmesan, pine nuts, and salt and pepper to a food processor or blender. Turn machine on, then drizzle in olive oil while it mixes. Continue blending until combined, adding additional olive oil if needed. Set aside.
Heat cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add pesto and stir.
Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Pour pesto cream over the top. Toss to combine. Add diced tomatoes and toss quickly. Serve immediately.
- Wine with Food: White Zinfandel| Pairing Tips
- Chardonnay, 1982. Coastal Wines Ltd.| Vintage Wine History and Information
- Cabernet Sauvignon, 1980. Topolos At Russian River Vineyards| Vintage Wine History and Information
- Chateau Giscours, 1977. Margaux| Vintage Wine History and Information
- Vernaccia di San Gimignano, 1981. Ilraccianello | Vintage Wine History and Information
- Chardonnay, 1982. Santa Ynez Valley Winery| Vintage Wine History and Information
- Viña Monty, 1975. Bodegas Montecillo| Vintage Wine History and Information
- Zinfandel, 1980. Burgess| Vintage Wine History and Information
- Bourgogne de Chapitre, 1980. Jaffelin| Vintage Wine History and Information
- Semillon Reserve, 1980. Ventana| Vintage Wine History and Information