Orecchiette with Cherry Tomatoes and Arugula
Yum. Delicious. Spectacular. There are so many good things to say about this recipe…everyone loved it. I used gnocchi as a substitute for the Orecchiette, but either would work well. With this, I was all over a Grenache or a Spanish Garnacha.
Thanks to Smitten Kitchen for this great recipe.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 small shallots, finely chopped
1 pint mixed red and yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
Cooked fresh orecchiette (approx. 2 cups dry but I did not measure)
2 cups fresh arugula, de-stemmed, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper
Freshly grated parmesan reggiano
Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat, adding garlic and shallots, sauteing until soft but not browned. Add chopped cherry tomatoes, cooking for just a few minutes, until they have softened but not lost completely lost their form. Add pasta, reheating it in the sauce and seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the arugula, stirring it until it has just wilted. Serve immediately with freshly grated parmesan and, in our case, a glass of Cotes du Rhone.
- About Wine-Pedia
- Wine of the Month Club | Count Dracula’s Wine? What a great story and interview
- Morgan Norman at Wine of the Month Club
- Wine of the Month Club – Interview with Morgan Twain-Peterson
- Wine of the Month Club | Champagne and Wine Gadgets….KUSI San Diego
- Wine of the Month Club | Cocoa Vino
- Wine of the Month Club| Interview with Adam LaZarre
- Wine of the Month Club | Sediment
- Mom’s Light Supper Sandwich
- Wine of the Month Club ALS Ice Bucket Challenge