Olive Tapenade Grilled Cheese
This looks so good…..I sat imagining the flavors and it hit me. A Sicilian Grillo! This wine was the leanness to hold up to the cheese and the saltiness (not really sodium) to compliment the tapenade….can’t wait to try it!
Makes one big sandwich
2 slices rustic bread, sliced
4 tablespoons black olive tapenade
2 slices mozzarella cheese
2 slices tomato
Kosher salt, to taste
2 tablespoons butter
Pat tomato slices dry, sprinkle with salt, and set aside while you assemble the other ingredients. Spread each slice of bread with two tablespoons of the tapenade. Top with cheese, and the sliced tomato. Butter outside of sandwich, and cook in a skillet over medium heat until cheese melts and bread is golden brown.
You can find the wine here: Sicilia Grillo, Wine of the Month Club
and the recipe here: From Away
- The Matter Of Letting The Bottle “Breathe”
- Import Selection: Gewurztraminer, 1985, A. Gaschy
- Domestic Selection: Gamay Beaujolais, 1986, Fetzer
- Adventures in Eating – Honey and Nut Glazed Brie
- Santa Anita Uncorked!
- Import Selection: Orvieto Classico, 1987, Bigi
- Domestic Selection: Petite Sirah Nouveau, 1988, Cilurzo
- Adventures in Eating: Judith’s Cheese Sticks
- Adventures in Eating: Joan’s 1987 Bowl Dinner
- Domestic Selection: Sonoma Vintage White, 1985, Geyser Peak