Island Pork Tenderloin
This recipe is an absolute knockout. It has a fun, spicy flavor that will be wonderful. However, the cumin and cinnamon proved to be a challenge when finding a wine to pair with this. If you have a nice Gewurztraminer, that should do the trick. Enjoy!
Here’s the recipe from Little B Cooks.
For spice rub:
2 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 pork tenderloins (2 ¼ – 2 ½ lbs total) trimmed
2 tbsp olive oil
¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
1 tbsp Tabasco
Stir the spice rub ingredients together in a small bowl and rub all over the pork. Heat oil in ovenproof 12-inch heavy skillet over medium high heat. Brown pork, turning occasionally, about 4-5 minutes total. Remove from heat, but leave pork in skillet.
Stir together brown sugar, garlic and Tabasco in a small bowl. Pat the mixture on top of the pork. Place skillet in the oven at 350. Roast until thermometer inserted diagonally into the center of each tenderloin registers 140 degrees, about 20 minutes. Let pork stand in skillet, loosely covered with foil for 10 minutes.
- About Wine-Pedia
- Wine of the Month Club | Count Dracula’s Wine? What a great story and interview
- Morgan Norman at Wine of the Month Club
- Wine of the Month Club – Interview with Morgan Twain-Peterson
- Wine of the Month Club | Champagne and Wine Gadgets….KUSI San Diego
- Wine of the Month Club | Cocoa Vino
- Wine of the Month Club| Interview with Adam LaZarre
- Wine of the Month Club | Sediment
- Mom’s Light Supper Sandwich
- Wine of the Month Club ALS Ice Bucket Challenge