Grilled Swordfish with Citrus Pesto
Swordfish is a full bodied fish and bathing it in pesto is a challenge for wine. I think a Sicilian white, Catarrato or Inzolia, would do really well in not competing with the fish.
- 3 cups basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp salt, plus more for taste
- 1 tsp pepper, plus more for taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for the swordfish
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 oz swordfish steaks (1 inch thick)
In a food processor combine the basil, pine nuts, garlic, zests, juices, salt and pepper and chop. While the machine is running, add the olive oil until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Remove the mixture from the processor and refrigerate until needed.
For the steaks, place a grill pan on medium high heat. Rub each side of the steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the swordfish for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Transfer the swordfish onto your plate and top with the citrus pesto and extra pine nuts.