Green Bean Salad with Basil, Balsamic, and Parmesan
When I was a kid, I thought that green beans were the most disgusting, unappetizing vegetable to grace my dinner plate. Who wouldn’t hate them? They looked like a pile of army green mush. But now, I love green beans…when they are fresh…just like they are in this salad. Here they are crisp and flavorful. I can’t wait to make this and serve it with a nice Sauvignon Blanc.
Thanks to Simply Recipes for this great dish.
- Adventures in Eating: Oatmeal Cookies
- Import Selection: Vouvray, 1988, Georges Meurgey
- Domestic Selection: Cabernet Sauvignon, 1986, Vanino
- This Matter Of Aging Wine
- Adventures in Eating: Bannock Bread
- Import Selection: Zinfandel, 1987, San Martin
- Domestic Selection: Chardonnay, 1986, Merry Vintners
- This Matter of Cellaring (Part Two)
- Adventures in Eating: Savory and Tendor Pork Roast
- Import Selection: Zinfandel, 1987, San Martin International Series