Green Bean Salad with Basil, Balsamic, and Parmesan
When I was a kid, I thought that green beans were the most disgusting, unappetizing vegetable to grace my dinner plate. Who wouldn’t hate them? They looked like a pile of army green mush. But now, I love green beans…when they are fresh…just like they are in this salad. Here they are crisp and flavorful. I can’t wait to make this and serve it with a nice Sauvignon Blanc.
Thanks to Simply Recipes for this great dish.
- Adventures in Eating: Pecan Coffee Cake
- Domestic Selection: Fume Blanc, 1990. Haywood
- This Matter of California Wine Labels
- Adventures in Eating: The Best Wontons in the World
- Import Selection: Riesling, 1989. Roemische Weinstrasse
- Domestic Selection: Mourvedre, 1988. Francal
- This Matter of Table Wines
- Adventures in Eating: Minestrone Soup
- Import Selection: Cabernet Sauvignon, 1989. Villa Montes
- Domestic Selection: Chardonnay, 1989. Plume Ridge