Fried Goat Cheese Salad
Wow. Um, one word…Delicious! I know exactly what to serve with this. Santa Barbara Pinot Noir. This recipe definitely knocks it out of the park for me.
Try it out,we can guarantee you won’t be disappointed. Thanks to Gaby Dalkin for this great recipe.
- 3 handfuls mixed green lettuce
- 10 strawberries, tops removed and sliced
- 1 small log of goat cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup freshly made bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup olive
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce and strawberries. Set aside.
- Cut a small log of goat cheese into small pieces, about the size of 2 tbsp. Roll the piece of goat cheese into a ball in your hands and then gently mold into a disk shape. Repeat this process for the remaining goat cheese and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and set aside.
- Place the bread crumbs into another small bowl.
- Dip each of the pieces of goat cheese in the egg wash and then into the bread crumb mixture. Using your fingers, make sure the bread crumbs are firmly into the goat cheese and set aside.
- Heat the grapeseed oil in a small skillet over medium high heat. Lightly fry the goat cheese rounds for about a minute on each side until they are golden brown and are just slightly melted on either side but still retain their shape. Remove from oil and set aside.
- Top the salad with the fries goat cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic, honey, salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
- Import Selection: Gewurztraminer, 1985, A. Gaschy
- Domestic Selection: Gamay Beaujolais, 1986, Fetzer
- Adventures in Eating – Honey and Nut Glazed Brie
- Import Selection: Orvieto Classico, 1987, Bigi
- Domestic Selection: Petite Sirah Nouveau, 1988, Cilurzo
- Adventures in Eating: Judith’s Cheese Sticks
- Adventures in Eating: Joan’s 1987 Bowl Dinner
- Domestic Selection: Sonoma Vintage White, 1985, Geyser Peak
- Adventures in Eating: Beef Fiesta Casserole
- Import Selection: Fonset-Lacour, 1985, Barton and Gustier