Creamy Lemon Basil Potato Salad
We all have had those moments when we’re invited to parties or BBQs and asked to bring a side dish. But doesn’t everyone get sick of the typical things: macaroni salad, fruit salad, green salad, and how about potato salad? Well here is a perfect recipe to throw a twist on a classic that will impress everyone. Try this lemon basil potato salad paired with a Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc. This has hints of herbs and citrus that will match the lemon and basil combination in this.
A big thank you to “Pioneer Woman” Ree Drummond for this recipe.
- 1 bag (24-28 Ounce) Small Potatoes
- 2 whole Lemons, Juiced
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Prepared Pesto
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
- Small Basil Leaves
Boil potatoes in lightly salted water until fork tender. Drain, cut in half, then place in a bowl.
Toast pine nuts in a skillet over low heat until just lightly golden. Remove from heat.
Mix together lemon juice, olive oil, mayonnaise, salt & pepper, and pesto until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as you’d like.
Pour half the dressing over the potatoes and toss to combine. Add more dressing to taste.
Cover and refrigerate the potato salad for a few hours. To serve, sprinkle lots of small basil leaves over the top.
- Adventures in Eating: Carolyn Thacker’s Cranberry Relish
- Import Selection: Late Harvest Semillon, 1987. Penfolds
- Domestic Selection: Midnight Cuvee, 1988. Van Der Kamp
- This Matter of Phylloxera (Part II)
- Adventures in Eating: The Perfectly Easy Roast Turkey
- Import Selection: Montepulciano d’Abruzzo, 1989. Zonin
- Domestic Selection: Colombard, 1989. Carmenet
- Member Inquiry: Grape Origins
- Adventures in Eating: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Import Selection: Macon-Clesse, 1990. Cave de Vire