Crab Cakes with Tomatillo Avocado Salsa
Crab. Sancerre. Crab. Sancerre. Crab. Sancerre. It doesn’t get much simpler than this. Even with the California twist to this recipe, Sancerre is the way to go.
Try it out…let us know what you think!
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup panko
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 California Avocado
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 4 medium Tomatillos, halved and roasted
- Stir together first 8 ingredients in large bowl and season with 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of pepper.
- Add in crab meat and carefully combine with your hands, making sure not to break up the lump pieces of crab.
- Form into bite sized cakes with your hands.
- Saute in a saute pan with butter, over medium high heat, for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Combine the avocado, lime juice, lime zest, honey, cilantro, onion and roasted tomatillos in a food processor. Blend until fully incorporated. Serve with crab cakes.
Categories: Wine Pairings
- Import Selection: Muscadet, 1989. Marquis de Goulaine
- Domestic Selection: Cabernet Sauvignon, 1985. Jekel
- Member Inquiry: Saving the Rest of the Bottle
- Adventures in Eating: Creamy Lemon Chive Pasta with Chicken and Asparagus
- Import Selection: Rioja, 1986. Bodegas Montecillo
- Domestic Selection: Sauvignon Blanc, 1989. Cask One
- This Matter of Climate
- Adventures in Eating: 12″ BBQ Chicken Pizzas
- Import Selection: Semillon/Chardonnay, 1990. Penfolds
- Domestic Selection: Zinfandel, 1990. Winterbrook