Brown Butter Pasta
2 Sticks Unsalted Butter
3/4 cup Pine Nuts
Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
Freshly Grated Parmesan
Kosher Salt (to taste)
Grated Nutmeg (to taste)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta
2. Cook, sitrring occasionally, until al dente, about 4 minutes.
3. Set a strainer over a bowl; drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup pasta cooking water and set aside.
4. Melt butter in a 12″ skillet over medium heat.
5. Add pine nuts and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
6. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pine nuts to a bowl.
7. Working in two batches, crack eggs into butter and cook, spooning butter over yolks, until whites are set but yolks are still runny,out 3 minutes.
8. Transfer effs to a plate and keep warm.
9. Add pasta and half the pine nuts to skillet and toss until hot.
10. Stir in some of the reserved pasta water to create a sauce, then season with salt and pepper.
11. To serve, divide pasta between 4 serving plates and top each serving with a fried egg. Sprinkle with remaining pine nuts, parmesan and nutmeg.
Serve this with Gaucho Malbec
- Adventures in Eating: Ham Mousse Hors d’Oeuvre Mold
- Adventures in Eating: Aurora Pepi’s Appetizer
- Adventures in Eating: Choco Mint Snappers
- Member Inquiry No. 14
- Domestic Selections: September 1989
- Adventures in Eating: Stuffed Bell Peppers in Beer Sauce
- Adventures in Eating: Pâté Petite Princess
- Souls and Goose Livers
- Adventures in Eating: Honey and Nut Glazed Brie
- Adventures in Eating: Judith’s Cheese Sticks