Baked orzo with eggplant and mozzarella
This recipe intrigued me. I am not a huge eggplant fan, but I love orzo and tomatoes. The fried eggplant almost caramelizes and brought me to pairing this dish with a Viognier. The body and viscosity of Viognier together with the hints of coconut I thought would pair well.
Get the recipe here from Smitten Kitchen.
- A Recent Trip to Sonoma
- Adventures in Eating: Oatmeal Cookies
- Import Selection: Vouvray, 1988, Georges Meurgey
- Domestic Selection: Cabernet Sauvignon, 1986, Vanino
- This Matter Of Aging Wine
- Adventures in Eating: Bannock Bread
- Import Selection: Zinfandel, 1987, San Martin
- Domestic Selection: Chardonnay, 1986, Merry Vintners
- This Matter of Cellaring (Part Two)
- Adventures in Eating: Savory and Tendor Pork Roast