Baked orzo with eggplant and mozzarella
This recipe intrigued me. I am not a huge eggplant fan, but I love orzo and tomatoes. The fried eggplant almost caramelizes and brought me to pairing this dish with a Viognier. The body and viscosity of Viognier together with the hints of coconut I thought would pair well.
Get the recipe here from Smitten Kitchen.
- Import Selection: Chateau Chariot, 1988. Corbieres
- Domestic Selection: Chardonnay, 1989. White Oak
- The Matter of the French Paradox
- Adventures in Eating: California Caesar Salad
- Import Selection: Chateau Larroque, 1989. Bordeaux
- Domestic Selection: Charbono, 1979. Inglenook-Napa Valley
- A Note From The Cellarmaster
- Adventures in Eating: Fresh Raspberry Pie
- Import Selection: Cabernet Sauvignon, 1988. Los Vascos
- Domestic Selection: Muscat Canelli, 1990. Santino Winery