Baked orzo with eggplant and mozzarella
This recipe intrigued me. I am not a huge eggplant fan, but I love orzo and tomatoes. The fried eggplant almost caramelizes and brought me to pairing this dish with a Viognier. The body and viscosity of Viognier together with the hints of coconut I thought would pair well.
Get the recipe here from Smitten Kitchen.
- Import Selection: Fonset-Lacour, 1985, Barton and Gustier
- Adventures in Eating: Almendrado
- Domestic Selection: Chardonnay, 1987, Chateau Julien
- Adventures in Eating: Eggs Motul
- Domestic Selection: Cabernet Sauvignon, 1982, El Dorado, Boeger
- Adventures in Eating: Black Bean Puree
- Cabernet Sauvignon, 1983, Cache Cellars
- Adventures in Eating: Yucatan Tomato Sauce
- Domestic Selection: Sauvignon Blanc, 1985, Sam J. Sebastiani Winery
- Adventures in Eating: Eye-Opener Corn Bread