Bagna Cauda (The Butter Garlic Anchovy Sauce of Your Dreams)
Whew…this is serious stuff. I would normally run for the hills on this… you have butter, then tons of garlic, olive oil and anchovies..OMG. To the rescue our Vermentino Chardonnay from Papillon. Incredible pairing.
Get the recipe here: Amateur Gourmet
Get the wine here: Vermentino Chardonnay
- Domestic: Sauvignon Blanc, 1985, Sam J. Sebastini Winery
- Domestic Selection: Zinfandel, Vineyard Selection 1978, L. M. Martini
- Top 8 Mother’s Day Fine Wines for Under $12!
- Member Inquiry – Blush, Blanc, and Rose Wine Grapes
- Import Selection: Shiraz/Cabernet, 1984, Penfolds
- Domestic Selection: Semillon, 1985, Alderbrook
- Great Mother’s Day Gifts – A Wine Club Membership!
- Import Selection: Orvieto Classico, 1987; Bigi
- Domestic Selection: Petite Sirah Nouveau, 1988; Cilurzo
- Import Selection: Shiraz – Bin 50, 1985; Lindemans