Bagna Cauda (The Butter Garlic Anchovy Sauce of Your Dreams)
Whew…this is serious stuff. I would normally run for the hills on this… you have butter, then tons of garlic, olive oil and anchovies..OMG. To the rescue our Vermentino Chardonnay from Papillon. Incredible pairing.
Get the recipe here: Amateur Gourmet
Get the wine here: Vermentino Chardonnay
- Import Selection: Rioja, 1985, Federico Paternina
- Domestic Selection: Fume’ Blanc, 1988, Lambert Bridge
- What’s The Difference Between Aroma and Bouquet?
- Adventures in Eating: Baked Crabmeat & Shrimp
- Import Selection: Piesporter Michelsberg, 1988, H. Schmitt Soehne
- Domestic Selection: Cabernet Sauvignon, 1984, Jade Mountain
- You Have A Winner
- Adventures in Eating: Chicken Soup With Rice, Chick-Peas, & Prunes
- Import Selection: Salice Salentino, 1983, Dr. Taurino
- The Worst Bottle Of Wine I Ever Had