Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Chili Butter
OMG. Yum. In our house, we tend to shy away from shellfish, but this is an exception. My mouth was watering as soon as I read the title. The flavor profile of this dish is leading me towards a red wine. I want a big Zinfandel to grab the bacon flavors and run with them. The chili powder may be problematic, but who cares? This dish is sure to knock your socks off.
- Adventures In Eating: Apples in Robes
- Import Selection: Sauvignon Blanc, 1988, Errazuriz Panquehue
- Domestic Selection: Pinot Noir, 1987, Congress Springs
- The Matter Of Letting The Bottle “Breathe”
- Import Selection: Gewurztraminer, 1985, A. Gaschy
- Domestic Selection: Gamay Beaujolais, 1986, Fetzer
- Adventures in Eating – Honey and Nut Glazed Brie
- Santa Anita Uncorked!
- Import Selection: Orvieto Classico, 1987, Bigi
- Domestic Selection: Petite Sirah Nouveau, 1988, Cilurzo