Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Chili Butter
OMG. Yum. In our house, we tend to shy away from shellfish, but this is an exception. My mouth was watering as soon as I read the title. The flavor profile of this dish is leading me towards a red wine. I want a big Zinfandel to grab the bacon flavors and run with them. The chili powder may be problematic, but who cares? This dish is sure to knock your socks off.
- Domestic Selection: Cabernet Sauvignon, 1987. Hawk Crest
- The Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
- Adventures in Eating: Turkey Tetrazini
- Import Selection: Wintervine, 1988.
- Domestic Selection: Pinot Blanc, 1988. Paraiso Springs
- Wine Tasting Party
- This Free, 24 Hour Wine Fountain in Italy Is Too Good to Be True
- Adventures in Eating: Hot Lemon Sauce
- Import Selection: Black Marlin, 1989. Black Opal
- Domestic Selection: Old Vine Red Lot #9, NV. Marietta