Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Chili Butter
OMG. Yum. In our house, we tend to shy away from shellfish, but this is an exception. My mouth was watering as soon as I read the title. The flavor profile of this dish is leading me towards a red wine. I want a big Zinfandel to grab the bacon flavors and run with them. The chili powder may be problematic, but who cares? This dish is sure to knock your socks off.
- Adventures in Eating: Almendrado
- Domestic Selection: Chardonnay, 1987, Chateau Julien
- Adventures in Eating: Eggs Motul
- Domestic Selection: Cabernet Sauvignon, 1982, El Dorado, Boeger
- Adventures in Eating: Black Bean Puree
- Cabernet Sauvignon, 1983, Cache Cellars
- Adventures in Eating: Yucatan Tomato Sauce
- Domestic Selection: Sauvignon Blanc, 1985, Sam J. Sebastiani Winery
- Adventures in Eating: Eye-Opener Corn Bread
- The Woman of 1987 – The Cook’s Month Off!