Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Chili Butter
OMG. Yum. In our house, we tend to shy away from shellfish, but this is an exception. My mouth was watering as soon as I read the title. The flavor profile of this dish is leading me towards a red wine. I want a big Zinfandel to grab the bacon flavors and run with them. The chili powder may be problematic, but who cares? This dish is sure to knock your socks off.
- Import Selection: Lee Poo Yee, NV. Armand Roux
- Domestic Selection: Merlot, 1987, Columbia
- Our Wine Tasting Process
- Adventures in Eating: Meringue
- Import Selection: Rioja, 1985, Federico Paternina
- Domestic Selection: Fume’ Blanc, 1988, Lambert Bridge
- What’s The Difference Between Aroma and Bouquet?
- Adventures in Eating: Baked Crabmeat & Shrimp
- Import Selection: Piesporter Michelsberg, 1988, H. Schmitt Soehne
- Domestic Selection: Cabernet Sauvignon, 1984, Jade Mountain