Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Chili Butter
OMG. Yum. In our house, we tend to shy away from shellfish, but this is an exception. My mouth was watering as soon as I read the title. The flavor profile of this dish is leading me towards a red wine. I want a big Zinfandel to grab the bacon flavors and run with them. The chili powder may be problematic, but who cares? This dish is sure to knock your socks off.
- The Woman of 1987 – The Cook’s Month Off!
- Domestic: Sauvignon Blanc, 1985, Sam J. Sebastini Winery
- Domestic Selection: Zinfandel, Vineyard Selection 1978, L. M. Martini
- Top 8 Mother’s Day Fine Wines for Under $12!
- Member Inquiry – Blush, Blanc, and Rose Wine Grapes
- Import Selection: Shiraz/Cabernet, 1984, Penfolds
- Domestic Selection: Semillon, 1985, Alderbrook
- Great Mother’s Day Gifts – A Wine Club Membership!
- Import Selection: Orvieto Classico, 1987; Bigi
- Domestic Selection: Petite Sirah Nouveau, 1988; Cilurzo